What is the pupil premium?
The Pupil Premium Grant was introduced by the Coalition Government in 2012 with the aim of addressing the gap between the achievements of groups of children.
The Government have used the number of children within a school who are, or have previously been, registered for free school meals as the main indicator of how much premium should be paid. There is also additional funding for ‘Looked After’ pupils. It is up to the school governors and headteacher to decide how this money can be most effectively spent.
Since September 2014, children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have an automatic qualification to receive a free school meal. This change in entitlement means families will no longer be required to apply for free school meal (FSM) status for a child in those year groups.
However, if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below, our school could benefit from an additional funding on completion of a form.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (With no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190. You will not normally be eligible if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Allocation of PPG Funding
We aim for our PPG pupils every year to exceed that of national and Essex data for PPG. We also want the attendance of our pupil premium funded children to exceed the attendance of non-disadvantaged pupils nationally.
We publish online information about how we have allocated the funding for each year.
We have largely targeted our additional pupil premium funding on:
- Ensuring we provide quality first teaching
- Learning Support Assistants to enable us to respond to assessment for learning and provide timely feedback
- Pastoral care
- Enriching experiences as part of our broad and balanced curriculum
- Forest school provision every year for every child
To see how we have allocated current PPG funding, please select the link below:
Our Pupil Premium expenditure review takes place at the end of each Summer Term: